It’s Time to Vote! Valley’s Best 2023
It’s that time of year again – Voting for Valley’s Best 2023 is now open!
Take a look at some of the winners from last year, and think of some of your favourite Annapolis Valley businesses.
Valley’s Best is the Annapolis Valley’s People’s Choice Awards. We provide 25 business categories, and you vote for your favourite business. The top three nominees will be announced prior to the awards night. With over 20,000 votes, this event is a great opportunity for exposure and recognition these businesses in the Annapolis Valley so very much deserve.
In-Person Professional Development Opportunities
Computerized Accounting, Level 1 – Sage
Program Name: Computerize Accounting, Level 1 – Sage Prerequisite(s): N/A Total Hours: 40 Minimum 32 hours In-person, The Valley Business Hub, 448 Main Street, Kentville Mondays, 1 – 5 PM Learning Outcomes:
- Learning Outcomes: • Reviewing financial foundation concepts (financial statements, receipts, invoices, bookkeeping basics) • Setting up a company • Setting up accounts receivable, customer invoices, and receipts • Setting up accounts payable, purchase invoices and receipts • Adding an employee, paying an employee, and applying the various payroll features • Completing a bank reconciliation • Completing year-end procedures • Creating and entering adjusting entries
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Tentative start date – September 12, 2023
The Chamber Plan – Employee Benefits Plan
You’re great at running your business, but sometimes you need an expert to help with unexpected challenges. Our Plan comes with extra benefits for business owners, like free consulting on financial, legal and HR issues.
The Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP) can help you do this.
You are invited to an online AIP info session this summer so you can find out more.
What is the Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP)?
The Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP) is a federal program helping employers in Atlantic Canada recruit skilled foreign workers and international graduates within Canada and overseas to fulfill labor needs.
Interested in taking advantage of AIP?
Connect with us to learn more about AIP and explore the employer support and settlement services we have available for you and your future employees.
Please register here. https://forms.office.com/r/sZSWTbRxAV
Contact: email@example.com for more information.
Professional Development Opportunities: Proposal Writing
Total Hours: 40
Minimum 32 hours
Wednesdays, 9 AM – 1 PM
This program is intended to provide you with the knowledge and understanding of how
to create strong and persuasive proposals, along with the skills to do so. You will
• be able to identify the different kinds of proposals and the various sources of
Requests for Proposals
• understand how to structure an effective proposal and assemble persuasive evidence.
• learn and practice ways to overcome barriers to writing
• explore and practice the persuasive power of plain language
• be able to identify and apply universal principles of ethical persuasion
• practise how to edit your own writing to make it clear and polished
• learn and practice how to give and receive feedback in a way that is both
useful and considerate
• learn ways to make your spoken presentations more powerful
Ultimately, the goal is to encourage you to apply the concepts, principles, and tools
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Start date: September 20, 2023
Job Opportunities: Kings County, NS
Kings County is hiring! Are you interested in joining their team as a Director of Public Works, Development Officer, Millwright or Building Official? Visit www.countyofkings.ca/workhere for job descriptions and application details.
Welcome! – New Members:
Del’s Reiki Room
Scotiabank – Kentville
Cinderella’s Caribbean Pot
Designs By Devyn
SHELLEY LEBLANC PLACE FOR HAIR
AIR Esthetics by Karen Bentley