It’s Time to Vote! Valley’s Best 2023
It’s that time of year again – Voting for Valley’s Best 2023 is now open!
Valley’s Best is the Annapolis Valley’s People’s Choice Awards. We provide 25 business categories, and you vote for your favourite business. The top three nominees will be announced prior to the awards night. With over 20,000 votes, this event is a great opportunity for exposure and recognition these businesses in the Annapolis Valley so very much deserve.
In-Person Professional Development Opportunities
Computerized Accounting, Level 1 – Sage
Program Name: Computerize Accounting, Level 1 – Sage Prerequisite(s): N/A Total Hours: 40 Minimum 32 hours In-person, The Valley Business Hub, 448 Main Street, Kentville Mondays, 1 – 5 PM Learning Outcomes:
- Learning Outcomes: • Reviewing financial foundation concepts (financial statements, receipts, invoices, bookkeeping basics) • Setting up a company • Setting up accounts receivable, customer invoices, and receipts • Setting up accounts payable, purchase invoices and receipts • Adding an employee, paying an employee, and applying the various payroll features • Completing a bank reconciliation • Completing year-end procedures • Creating and entering adjusting entries
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Tentative start date – September 12, 2023
The Chamber Plan – Employee Benefits Plan
A Lifestyle Spending Account (LSA) lets you support fitness expenses for your employees, their professional development, or work-life balance such as daycare fees. Ask us about the possibilities: https://www.chamberplan.ca/
Welcome! – New Members:
SHELLEY LEBLANC PLACE FOR HAIR
AIR Esthetics by Karen Bentley
Professional Development Opportunities: Proposal Writing
Total Hours: 40
Minimum 32 hours
Wednesdays, 9 AM – 1 PM
This program is intended to provide you with the knowledge and understanding of how
to create strong and persuasive proposals, along with the skills to do so. You will
• be able to identify the different kinds of proposals and the various sources of
Requests for Proposals
• understand how to structure an effective proposal and assemble persuasive evidence.
• learn and practice ways to overcome barriers to writing
• explore and practice the persuasive power of plain language
• be able to identify and apply universal principles of ethical persuasion
• practise how to edit your own writing to make it clear and polished
• learn and practice how to give and receive feedback in a way that is both
useful and considerate
• learn ways to make your spoken presentations more powerful
Ultimately, the goal is to encourage you to apply the concepts, principles, and tools
Email: email@example.com to register.
Start date: September 20, 2023
Valley Credit Union Accounting Team is hiring a Controller, visit their website for details!